Monday, June 23, 2014

Oreo Funfetti Brownies

Hey peeps! What up?
Today I bring you a nice recipe for brownies, this time, topped with Oreos and rainbow sprinkles (Omigoshhh).
I made them a week ago for a pool party at a friend’s place and there was nothing left of it… Seriously, my friends loved it so much that they asked me to make them for another dinner party last Saturday (yeah cause were young and in holidays so we party a lot ;) jkd). This time for my mom’s happiness there was like two pieces left heheh…
Well I have to admit that I was kind of the one that ate most of the pieces but who cares they were so d… good! They really taste like chocolate and they got just the perfect amount of moistness right before gooiness (which can be hard because brownies sometimes get dry if well cooked) but these were just sugary goodnessssssss… Humm…

The original recipe asked for cocoa powder but I only had chocolate powder, which is only 32% cocoa and mostly sugar, so I kind of change the quantities in the original recipe. It was adapted from the blog Sing for you supper.


Oreo funfetti brownies

Ingredients:
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 cups chocolate powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
  • 1tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 8-10 Oreos, chopped
  • Rainbow sprinkles (about 1/4cup)

 Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9” x 13” pan.
  2. Beat the eggs with the chocolate, salt, baking powder, espresso powder and vanilla until smooth.
  3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Return the mixture to the heat briefly, don’t let it start bubbling, just until it is shinny. Add it to the previous mixture and stir until combined.
  4. Slowly add in the flour, again stirring until smooth. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Top with chopped Oreos and sprinkles. 
  5. Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool before cutting.  Serves 12.


I delighted myself liking the bowl and having the last Oreo in the package (:o). It's a really simple recipe easy and quick to make with the everyday ingredients (lol but I did not had cocoa...). They are good at room temperature but you can refrigerate them if you wish, I kept those pieces left in a Tupperware in the fridge and they are still awesoooomeee. Have fun and good luck trying it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment