Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Shrimp & Bell pepper stir-fry

Hi everyone! So until now I have only shared with you sweeeeeet sugary recipes, so today I decided to give you something for lunch. Not give you, give you but give you the idea hehehehe, sorry…
OK, my mom is a very busy woman and now I am in holidays so I can prepare a nice lunch for us both. The other day I was looking for something to grill but then I saw some frozen bell-peppers and a package of shrimp and I was like: “LET’S MAKE NOODLES!!!!!”



Yeah I grabedd a few more things and the result was DEL… (Wait for it)… ISHIOUS! (Yes, I’m a fan of “How I met your mother” ;) )



Shrimp and bell pepper stir fry
(Serves 2)
Ingredients:
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon ginger root sliced (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper (seedless) sliced thinly
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 1/3 cup sliced onion
  • 1 cup bell pepper sliced (mix red, green and yellow)
  • 1 cup shrimp
  • 1 1/2 cup leek
  • 1/3 cup grated carrot
  • 1/2 cup canned soy beans
  • 1/3 cup canned sliced mushrooms
  • 3 cups pasta (after cooked)  (I used fettuccine because its large but rice noodles would also be nice)
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Cook pasta as package instructions and drain it.
  2. In a wok (set over medium heat) heat the olive oil with the ginger root, hot pepper and garlic, when it's hot add the onion and bell pepper.
  3. Let the onion and peppers soften for a while then add the shrimp, when they’re half cooked add the leek and carrot.
  4. Low the heat and cover the wok with an appropriated top and let it sweat in there for a while only shaking it. 
  5. When the leek is soft, add the soy beans and mushrooms, let them soften (again) and then add the pasta and the sauce. Make shore everything is well mixed and temper with salt and pepper. Serve warm.



This is actually a very healthy low-fat recipe and has the bell pepper which is a very good for your health. It is very tasty, easy and fast to make and you’ll get loaded!

Thank you for reading and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment